CBSE JEE Main Results and All India Rank are released now. Students can check their ranks on the website jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
Candidates can check their JEE APEX BOARD SECRETARIAT JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (MAIN) – 2017 RESULT on the Direct Link given below
Students who score a rank in the JEE Main 2017 examination would be eligible to apply to the National Institutes of Technology, NITs across India. Here is a list of the top NITs and their All India Ranking.
|Number||Name of the NIT||State||All India Rank|
|1||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu||11|
|2||National Institute of Technology Rourkela||Odisha||12|
|3||National Institute of Technology Surathkal||Karnataka||22|
|4||National Institute of Technology Warangal||Telangana||34|
|5||National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||Maharashtra||36|
|6||National Institute of Technology Calicut||Kerala||44|
|7||National Institute of Technology Durgapur||West Bengal||55|
|8||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||59|
|9||National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra||Haryana||60|
|10||National Institute of Technology Manipur||Manipur||87|
All India Ranking is based on the National Institutional Ranking Framework released by the MHRD for 2017. Students who got an All India Rank in the JEE Main 2017 can refer to the list for choosing the best engineering institute. A complete list of available on the official website.
Cut-off Rank for appearing in JEE (Advanced) – 2017 for following categories are given below
|Common Rank List||81|
|Other Backward Class (OBC – NCL)||49|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||32|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||27|
Eligibility Criteria For Indian Nationals (Including PIO/OCI) For Appearing In JEE (Advanced) 2017
- All the candidates must fulfil each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
- Criterion 1 – Performance in JEE (Main) 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper‐1 of JEE (Main) 2017.
- The percentages of various categories are: 27% for OBC‐NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PwD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
Number of attempts:
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Therefore, candidates who appeared in JEE (Advanced) 2016 for the first time are also eligible.
JEE Advance 2017 Import Dates:
- Online registration portal : www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Online registration begins: Friday, April 28, 2017 10:00 IST
- Online registration closes: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 17:00 IST
- Regn. with late fee begins: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 after 17.00 IST
- Regn. With late fee closes: Thursday, May 4, 2017 17.00 IST